Week 9

 

Hey guys!!! This week has been pretty amazing. This weekend I got invited to go to one of my friends’ house that lives about 2 hours south of the part of Idaho that I am living in right now. As I have been here, I have really gotten to realize how different family traditions are. I was talking to my friend, and we were talking about the family traditions we have, and we were talking about how some of them and we thought that they were going to pretty much be the same but when I came to her house this weekend and they had the same idea but were just completely different. Which is so interesting which is kind of expected that they would not be the same but when you think about something, well at least I do, when I think of things, I tend to think of them the way that I know them as, so it is so strange to see them done differently. One of the best things that I have been told was “Expectations are resentment in the making”. I absolutely love this because it is so true, I feel like I tend to always expect things because of how I treat other people and then when the time rolls around it isn’t reciprocated. This seems to be a recurring theme in my family. We tend to go all out for people we love and appreciate but most of the time people do not do the same for us, so this cause some resentment because we are expecting the same to be return which is kind of dumb because people all show their love in different ways and to expect everyone to be the same is kind of ridiculous. Personalities are honestly so weird. We all work in different ways and the Lord; all made us different for a reason. Also going along with that, the ways that we feel loved are so different. I have talked about this before, but it is not just smooth sailing when you get married! Apparently, you have to choose to love that person everyday which is totes crazy because who knew you don’t just decide to get married one day and just stay in love with them?? Effort? Who is she? Just kidding, but it is kind of amazing how that works and finding out the different ways that people show and receive love. One time I had this boyfriend and he was so kind and would constantly compliment me, which don’t get me wrong it is so nice to be complimented but it was just wayyyyy too much and I just happened to be telling one of my friends about this and telling her how it's so sweet that he compliments me all the time but that for some reason I just find it extremely irritating and I was telling her I don't know why because and should be grateful and loving the compliments and this was the first time that I really learned about love languages, I had briefly heard of them before and he was just like telling me I should move to take the test just to see what happens you know and so I took this test and words of affirmation came in very last place with like 10% and I kind of got to know more about myself where in that relationship I didn't need that constant validation that he was giving me and then back that was probably something he needed and something that I lacked in giving to him and so he would overcompensate by over complimenting me. I don't actually know about that last part but maybe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 3

WEEK 2

The Finale