Week 7

Hey everyone, this week has been soooooooo crazy. Just like crazy with emotions, thankfully I am getting to spend the weekend with some family. I have really been thinking a lot about families and what I am wanting for my future. Not even like a future boyfriend but also a husband, career, and family. There are just so many things that you truly don't really know about a person, which is so scary. As I have said before my parents got divorced at a very young age (separated at age four and then officially divorced when I was 5) so it made it so I can't really remember much from that time which actually is probably a blessing but it could be one of those psychological things where the brain tries to protect itself from those memories. It is so crazy that the brain is able to do something like that. But, I have been seeing so many of my friends and people that I know from high school getting married right now and I am from Arizona so think it is especially because the weather is so nice right now so it is the perfect time to get married but anyways, it really has made me think about marriage. Which is kind of funny and weird to me because I have been in this phase for the past few months where I am not really interested in getting married, like, I definitely want to get married but not for a little while. Which up at the school I go to is very strange because most people have marriage in the brain. One of my friends who was recently divorced and now has a child (she is 25) was over at my house and another friend came over who is a freshman so she is 18. Anyways, my friend that is 25 was talking about dating and how the culture is so weird, and my friend that is 18 and has no idea of the situation with my friend that is 25 says to her "don't worry, your prince charming will come one day" and she was like "oh I am not worried, I have been married divorced and have a child" and when I heard that I was so shocked because in the LDS dating culture, really anything older than the age 21 is considered "old" when that is not even old at all? So I was shocked. Since I grew up with divorced parents, I know this should super dumb and ridiculous but I thought that you get married and it is just amazing and everything is great, since taking some family and marriage classes in college I have heard that it is not like that at all. You need to put in that effort through the marriage by going on dates and consistently choosing to love them and be open with them. It is so just so crazy because it seems like it would be so obvious but when you don't have that example and don't have anyone in your life that is happily married. One of the best things that I have heard and I think was so awesome was the man once told me that the best advice he could give me for my future marriage was that I need to choose to love them every day not only that but I need to choose to love them in every phase. We grow and change so much throughout our lives together and you need to love them through everything because you promised to love them forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 3

WEEK 2

The Finale